The Pilgrim family finally cleared our schedules and took off to Sentosa for the last few days of the June school holidays.
Granted, it’s not the most exotic of destinations for the Singaporean family. No need for airplanes nor passports, malaria pills nor winter wear. But with three boys, of whom one is just learning to walk, we thought it was the most sensible option.
And as it turned out, a wonderful value-for-money choice too. We found out that Rasa Sentosa, Singapore’s one and only beachfront resort, offers a great school holiday deal. For about SGD$500 (USD$320) a night, we got:
- A fabulous seaview room with a king-sized bed, a sofa that unfolded into a single bed, and something like 8 soft fluffy pillows. Mmmm.
- Buffet breakfast and dinner – for the whole family!
- Use of the full range of child-friendly facilities, including the swimming pools with water slides, playrooms, arcades, outdoor playground and the palm-tree-dotted beach
- Cable TV. No big deal for most, but the Pilgrim boys watch mainly videos (by design), so having cable was a Big Deal.
- A generous-sized bath tub. (We’ve only got a shower at home!) The boys had bubble baths every day and loved it.
- Late check-out (3pm) on the last day
- Unlimited laundry. Which, if your kids go through clothes the way the Pilgrim boys do, is a great blessing.
All served up with legendary Shangri-La hospitality. Aramis says: